The Skills Connect for Immigrants Program at Back in Motion Rehab, is proud to introduce the world of online workshops. We have been running workshops using an online format over the last several months and are happy to announce that we will be facilitating them more frequently.
For those of you who are not familiar with the online workshop format, here are a few pointers:
- Back in Motion Skills Connect clients are able to access these workshops (in a group and/or individual format) from the comfort of their own homes
- To access the workshops, a client will require access to the internet, a headset and an access code (to be sent by the Facilitator a few days before the workshop)
- Each workshop will consist of 14-15 clients and 1-2 facilitators
- They are offered on a first come, first serve basis, so please ask your counsellor for a list of which workshops are offered in any given month
- At the moment, online workshops run on weekday evenings from 6pm to 8:30pm or 7pm to 9:30pm
- In total there are 12 workshops and the Skills Connect team at Back in Motion will run at minimum one per week
While we continue to recommend attending workshops in class, here are some benefits of attending workshops in an online format:
- Being able to connect with other Job Seekers across BC
- Allowing clients that work full-time and/or have family obligations to have access to workshops after working hours
- Being able to receive live, interactive training from the comfort of your own homes
- Small group sizes which allow for more interaction amongst all present
- Participating in online format can be less intimidating than in the “classroom”
- Being able to reduce travelling costs
The Skills Connect team strongly encourages workshop participation for all clients. Our workshops aid in learning more about Canadian workplace environment and learning how to best connect with employers in your industry. For more information about the online workshops available this month, please contact your Employment Counsellor directly.