Are you an employer who needs solutions to Canada’s skills shortage?
At Skills Connect, we are committed to connecting highly skilled immigrants to employers based on their pre-arrival skills, knowledge, and experience.
The Skills Connect for Immigrants Program is a part of the Skills Connect initiative, a $23.4 million strategy to help skilled immigrants move more quickly into jobs.
What are the benefits to employers?
It provides an excellent opportunity to find pre-screened and skilled workers that are ready to put their skills to work in BC. In an environment where skilled labour is in short supply, it connects you with people who are eager to work and have the support of vocational experts.
Employers can expect to:
- Have the job posting distributed to a qualified pool of candidates – Learn more about how to post a job
- Gain access to skilled workers with up-to-date credentials
- Be connected to people who have the proper skills that you have identified
- Diversify the work environment and become internationally friendly
- Build a successful business
- Save on time and money – Skills Connect is a free and reliable service
At Skills Connect, we want the best for jobseekers and the best for employers. We offer a variety of experiences to suit all of your needs:
- Job Shadowing
- On-the-job training
- Part- and full-time employment
We provide immigrants with:
- Pre-employment coaching and support
- Development of an individualized career action plan
- Information and referral to appropriate services
- Document translation assistance
- Limited academic upgrading
We help internationally educated and trained immigrants identify their strengths and weaknesses resulting in a stronger and more efficient worker. We also provide proper information that prepares them for the needs and specifications of the employer
All clients who wish to take part in the Skills Connect program must complete an English assessment required by the government called Canadian Language Benchmark or CLB. Reading, writing, and listening abilities will be assessed.
Skills Connect will help you find skilled workers who are trained and ready to work! Learn how here