Are you a new immigrant looking for work in Canada?
Skills Connect for Immigrants Program helps new immigrants who:
- have been in Canada for 5 years or less
- are unemployed or currently employed in a job outside their field of experience
- have intermediate or advanced English language skills
If this sounds like you, then Skills Connect could be the solution you are looking for to help you find work that matches your knowledge, skills and experience.
How does the Program work?
An Employment Counsellor and Job Developer work with each Client individually to help them reach their goals. Skills Connect services include:
Career Assessment & Planning
- Assess your skills and background to identify the right career for you;
- Develop a personalized employment action plan to guide you with your job search
- Access to financial supports for skills upgrading (i.e., courses, memberships, licensing and certification fees)
Job Leads and Employment Opportunities
- Connect with employers and professionals to obtain insight on industry opportunities
- Receive pre-employment coaching and support to help improve your communication, interviewing, networking and jobs search skills
How much does it cost to join?
This program is free to join. All services provided by Skills Connect are fully funded by the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and are part of the WelcomeBC umbrella of services.